> I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

Pages: 1

........................................................................

Tom Leykis
#1 2019-11-19 01:11:04

I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

It was the interview for the trusted traveler program.  I PASSED!  Now I can always go through pre check and skip Customs - unless I have something to declare.

........................................................................

Phillip_McCavity
#2 2019-11-19 01:51:14

Re: I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

Global Entry, you mean?

........................................................................

Tom Leykis
#3 2019-11-19 02:04:00

Re: I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

Phillip_McCavity wrote:

Global Entry, you mean?

Yeah.  The program is Trusted Traveler,  and the 2 components I applied for were Global Entry and pre check.  The officer who interviewed me even told me that I was approved on the spot and shook my hand.  For a police officer to offer to shake hands means he really likes and trusts you.

........................................................................

.
#4 2019-11-19 02:16:06

Re: I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

Did they know about your virulent racism and hateful internet posts? Should they know?

........................................................................

Tom Leykis
#5 2019-11-19 02:39:26

Re: I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

There are several programs in the trusted traveler program.

https://ttp.dhs.gov/

........................................................................

Prinz_Eugen
#6 2019-11-19 02:46:21

Re: I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

I guess he was lucky and didn't get priced out of the housing market by califorifags.

........................................................................

Tom Leykis
#7 2019-11-19 03:00:48

Re: I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

Prinz_Eugen wrote:

I guess he was lucky and didn't get priced out of the housing market by califorifags.

Interesting:  My interviewer was ALSO from San Francisco, and not that long ago.  I don't know if I actually got interviewed today, but we sure had an interesting conversation.

Before you go hating on new arrivals to wherever you are, you should spend one day in downtown San Francisco.  You still may not like the new arrivals in your area, but you will have an understanding as to why normal people are fleeing - and you probably won't blame them for evacuating.

The interesting thing I'm seeing here is that the newcomers here vote conservative - any liberal voters are locally grown - because they don't know what liberal voting GETS THEM!

Incoming voters from California may actually SAVE THE IDAHO WAY OF LIFE!

........................................................................

.
#8 2019-11-19 03:03:27

Re: I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

. wrote:

Did they know about your virulent racism and hateful internet posts? Should they know?

........................................................................

Diarrhetrius Brown
#9 2019-11-19 03:06:34

Re: I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

Tom Leykis wrote:

There are several programs in the trusted traveler program.

https://ttp.dhs.gov/

We got the domestic KTN simply because we don't travel out of country anymore and no longer plan to.

The only travel we do anymore is Michigan and California to see family members and the last time we traveled to Michigan we drove.

It's worth it not having to take your shoes off or wait in a long line.

........................................................................

Tom Leykis
#10 2019-11-19 03:20:19

Re: I had my appointment with Customs and Border Protection today!

Diarrhetrius Brown wrote:

We got the domestic KTN simply because we don't travel out of country anymore and no longer plan to.

The only travel we do anymore is Michigan and California to see family members and the last time we traveled to Michigan we drove.

It's worth it not having to take your shoes off or wait in a long line.

We may or may not travel internationally much in the future, but it's good to have options.

........................................................................

Pages: 1