> All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

Pages: 1

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#1 2019-11-18 05:25:50

All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

IM FIXING THE FUQING SEARCH!!

........................................................................

.,
#2 2019-11-18 06:07:47

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

You don't know anything about computers

........................................................................

SamplesBoi
#3 2019-11-18 07:13:11

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

Thanks.  Don't wreck your finances doing it, but thank you for your work.

........................................................................

SamplesBoi
#4 2019-11-18 07:13:37

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

., wrote:

You don't know anything about computers

I am pretty sure this is objectively not true.

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#5 2019-11-18 07:21:03

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

SamplesBoi wrote:

Thanks.  Don't wreck your finances doing it, but thank you for your work.

I am envisioning an Angular front end with Material design. Or maybe they Angular Bootstrap framework whatever it is called.

........................................................................

.
#6 2019-11-18 09:21:06

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

SamplesBoi wrote:

Thanks.  Don't wreck your finances doing it, but thank you for your work.

He's got all your IPs in the database too, back to when you used to torment his wife.

........................................................................

shlomo
#7 2019-11-18 14:13:15

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

Sockpuppet wrote:

I am envisioning an Angular front end with Material design. Or maybe they Angular Bootstrap framework whatever it is called.

A lot of CI regulars (2? And olg) refuse to use JavaScript on CI because reasons.

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#8 2019-11-18 14:19:07

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

shlomo wrote:

A lot of CI regulars (2? And olg) refuse to use JavaScript on CI because reasons.

Maybe I should make the news search optional?

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#9 2019-11-18 15:47:03

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

shlomo wrote:

A lot of CI regulars (2? And olg) refuse to use JavaScript on CI because reasons.

Don't take it personally. I don't use javascript on any site with the exception of banking sites. I don't even use it on Amazon. Javascript is the number one reason why the modern web is a miserable experience. With javascript off, most webpages are basically static with just text and pics, which is how I want it.

........................................................................

.,
#10 2019-11-18 16:05:34

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

Don't take it personally. I don't use javascript on any site with the exception of banking sites. I don't even use it on Amazon. Javascript is the number one reason why the modern web is a miserable experience. With javascript off, most webpages are basically static with just text and pics, which is how I want it.

So you don't use web based email?

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#11 2019-11-18 16:21:37

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

., wrote:

So you don't use web based email?

I certainly don’t. Outlook, iPhone, or GTFO.

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#12 2019-11-18 16:23:57

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

., wrote:

So you don't use web based email?

Funny you should mention that. Yahoo has a little known fallback to a minimal javascript called yahoo classic. Gmail also has a javascript free version.

On some sites I pick and choose using an extension to allow a few JS calls but not most. For banking sites I allow it all.

And some of the bagger sites posted here show pure white screens with JS off. When you turn it on it is a total clusterfuq!!! Almost all sites that will not render without JS are garbage.

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#13 2019-11-18 16:26:37

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

Original_Lonely_Guy wrote:

Funny you should mention that. Yahoo has a little known fallback to a minimal javascript called yahoo classic. Gmail also has a javascript free version.

On some sites I pick and choose using an extension to allow a few JS calls but not most.

This is why developers are in such high demand. Not only do people want new shyt but you have to maintain the old shyt too. OLG is keeping people employed!

........................................................................

Original_Lonely_Guy
#14 2019-11-18 16:30:54

Re: All the CI posts are now in CosmosDB. Next up. Convert to a flat document and load into Elastic.

Sockpuppet wrote:

This is why developers are in such high demand. Not only do people want new shyt but you have to maintain the old shyt too. OLG is keeping people employed!

I am 169% aware that if any significant amount of people did what I do they would shut me down.

I can't even use Chrome anymore for my daily driver as site developers have devoted significant resources into denying adblockers on chrome.

And Chrome and the New Firefox have taken away most of the power of extension developers.

But old Firefox versions plus adblock and noscript make the web pretty damn nice!

And "maintaining old shyt" just means that shytty new programmers are not allowed to touch the beautiful code written back when Yahoo was a startup and they had good programmers.

........................................................................

Pages: 1