> Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Pages: 1

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#1 2019-03-14 03:15:16

Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Would it be sane to put the Greenpeace CEO in charge of a coal company?

........................................................................

Tashfiend Garlique
#2 2019-03-14 12:20:36

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

What the fuq does Greenpeace know about coalmining?

That would be like putting you in charge of school lunches.

........................................................................

Cumbnutz
#3 2019-03-14 12:31:17

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Industry knowledge is a terrible thing for a regulator to possess!!  Need moar community organizers!!!
/

........................................................................

WithoutFroth
#4 2019-03-14 12:32:55

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Why do we put prominent dentists in charge of the ADA?
Why do we put prominent doctors in charge of the AMA?
Why do we put prominent aerospace engineers in charge of NASA?
Why do we put prominent economists in charge of the Federal Reserve?

I'll tell you why...

BECAUSE WE ARE NOT FUQING RETARDED.

Jesus fuqing Christ Spanky, get a grip.  I mean that.

........................................................................

Tashfiend Garlique
#5 2019-03-14 12:36:36

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Brian is mentally ill.

He'd rather virtue signal than have someone competent in charge.

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#6 2019-03-14 12:41:52

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

WithoutFroth wrote:

Why do we put prominent dentists in charge of the ADA?
Why do we put prominent doctors in charge of the AMA?
Why do we put prominent aerospace engineers in charge of NASA?
Why do we put prominent economists in charge of the Federal Reserve?

I'll tell you why...

BECAUSE WE ARE NOT FUQING RETARDED.

Jesus fuqing Christ Spanky, get a grip.  I mean that.

Wow. You suck at analogies. And also obtuse.

A doctor is interested in patient health. The AMA is interested in patient health.

Their motives are aligned.

The CEO of a coal company is interested in more profits and less regulation even if that harms employees. The MSHA is interested in more regulation to protect employees even if that harms profits.

Their motives are in conflict.

AYRTS? IA?

........................................................................

WithoutFroth
#7 2019-03-14 12:45:54

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Sockpuppet wrote:

Wow. You suck at analogies. And also obtuse.

A doctor is interested in patient health. The AMA is interested in patient health.

Their motives are aligned.

The CEO of a coal company is interested in more profits and less regulation even if that harms employees. The MSHA is interested in more regulation to protect employees even if that harms profits.

Their motives are in conflict.

AYRTS? IA?

A CEO of a coal company is interested in extracting the most valuable coal with the least labor and liability.

You want worker rights? Then talk to OSHA... headed by a prominent human resource expert.

FUQ. What is it with you?

........................................................................

time is the master
#8 2019-03-14 12:48:15

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

EAT ME!!!!!!
\

........................................................................

time is the master
#9 2019-03-14 12:48:43

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

WithoutFroth wrote:

A CEO of a coal company is interested in extracting the most valuable coal with the least labor and liability.

You want worker rights? Then talk to OSHA... headed by a prominent human resource expert.

FUQ. What is it with you?

he is unhinged.

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#10 2019-03-14 12:52:29

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

WithoutFroth wrote:

A CEO of a coal company is interested in extracting the most valuable coal with the least labor and liability.

You want worker rights? Then talk to OSHA... headed by a prominent human resource expert.

FUQ. What is it with you?

Way to completely ignore my point. I take that as acknowledgement of your ownage.

A coal company CEO and the MSHA are at odds. They are not aligned. Putting a coal company CEO in charge of the MSHA harms the mission of the MSHA.

I also wouldn’t want a Human Resources person in charge of OSHA. I want someone in charge of OSHA that wants to protect workers. HR people exist to protect corporations.

I swear to fuqing god you would put a fox in charge of the hen house because who knows more about hens than a fox.

AYRTS? IA?

........................................................................

.,
#11 2019-03-14 12:58:59

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

time is the master wrote:

EAT ME!!!!!!
\

had to

........................................................................

WithoutFroth
#12 2019-03-14 13:00:02

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Sockpuppet wrote:

Way to completely ignore my point. I take that as acknowledgement of your ownage.

A coal company CEO and the MSHA are at odds. They are not aligned. Putting a coal company CEO in charge of the MSHA harms the mission of the MSHA.

I also wouldn’t want a Human Resources person in charge of OSHA. I want someone in charge of OSHA that wants to protect workers. HR people exist to protect corporations.

I swear to fuqing god you would put a fox in charge of the hen house because who knows more about hens than a fox.

AYRTS? IA?

Is this where you call me racist?  Last time I helped you figure out a problem you called me a racist.

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#13 2019-03-14 13:18:31

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Cumbnutz wrote:

Industry knowledge is a terrible thing for a regulator to possess!!  Need moar community organizers!!!
/

Knowledge is only one aspect of qualifications for a job.

Motive, philosophy, and past experience are also important.

Biological weapons are often created by doctors. Should be put someone in charge of the CDC because their past experience was in creating a new deadlier form of a anthrax?

AYRTS? IA?

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#14 2019-03-14 13:19:18

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

WithoutFroth wrote:

Is this where you call me racist?  Last time I helped you figure out a problem you called me a racist.

You didn’t counter any of my points.

........................................................................

time is the master
#15 2019-03-14 13:20:31

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Sockpuppet wrote:

Would it be sane to put the Greenpeace CEO in charge of a coal company?

You should write a letter to your congressperson/senator.

........................................................................

Cumbnutz
#16 2019-03-14 13:34:10

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Sockpuppet wrote:

Knowledge is only one aspect of qualifications for a job.

Motive, philosophy, and past experience are also important.

Biological weapons are often created by doctors. Should be put someone in charge of the CDC because their past experience was in creating a new deadlier form of a anthrax?

AYRTS? IA?

All CEO's of Coal Companies have the primary objective of killing as many of their employees as possible, thus putting a former CEO in charge of mine safety regulation is coal miner genocide!!!
/

/

........................................................................

Tall Bass Turd
#17 2019-03-14 13:40:49

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Thread delivers.
\
.48966668.jpg.

........................................................................

Spanky
#18 2019-03-14 13:49:28

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Cumbnutz wrote:

All CEO's of Coal Companies have the primary objective of killing as many of their employees as possible, thus putting a former CEO in charge of mine safety regulation is coal miner genocide!!!
/

/

When someone is losing an argument they introduce ridiculous strawmans like you just did.

I don't think coal company CEOs want to kill their miners. But I also don't think they care too much if their miners are harmed in order to maintain profits. If they are faced with a trade between maintaining profitability or improving miner safety they will opt to maintain profitability. Maintaining coal company profitability isn't the mission of the MSHA. The MSHA has the mission of protecting coal miner health even when it might lower coal company profits.

........................................................................

time is the master
#19 2019-03-14 14:03:06

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Tall Bass Turd wrote:

Thread delivers.
\
.48966668.jpg.

super good discussion fo shore

........................................................................

Cumbnutz
#20 2019-03-14 14:12:55

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Spanky wrote:

When someone is losing an argument they introduce ridiculous strawmans like you just did.

I don't think coal company CEOs want to kill their miners. But I also don't think they care too much if their miners are harmed in order to maintain profits. If they are faced with a trade between maintaining profitability or improving miner safety they will opt to maintain profitability. Maintaining coal company profitability isn't the mission of the MSHA. The MSHA has the mission of protecting coal miner health even when it might lower coal company profits.

Agreed.

"Biological weapons are often created by doctors. Should be put someone in charge of the CDC because their past experience was in creating a new deadlier form of a anthrax?"

........................................................................

WithoutFroth
#21 2019-03-14 14:39:48

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Hey spanks, you're talking about a well known problem. It's called "regulatory capture"  this first hit the mainstream with the GSE's Fannie and Freddie (and Sallie) housing crisis.  It had been around before but never to the scale where the public took notice of it.  There is a lot of nuance and minutiae to figure out.  So what I need from you is to pretend you're Perry Mason and question and quibble over EVERY MOTHERFUQING DETAIL in an effort to act like you somehow have the upper hand in this conversation.  I'm looking for shyt like using past tense verbs instead of infinitives, moving the goal posts and other stupid ass fuqing shyt you do to inhibit otherwise stimulating conversation. Racist.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

........................................................................

WithoutFroth
#22 2019-03-14 14:56:51

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

WithoutFroth wrote:

Hey spanks, you're talking about a well known problem. It's called "regulatory capture"  this first hit the mainstream with the GSE's Fannie and Freddie (and Sallie) housing crisis.  It had been around before but never to the scale where the public took notice of it.  There is a lot of nuance and minutiae to figure out.  So what I need from you is to pretend you're Perry Mason and question and quibble over EVERY MOTHERFUQING DETAIL in an effort to act like you somehow have the upper hand in this conversation.  I'm looking for shyt like using past tense verbs instead of infinitives, moving the goal posts and other stupid ass fuqing shyt you do to inhibit otherwise stimulating conversation. Racist.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

What? Fat ass has nothing to say now does he? 

Put up or shut up, dimwit.

........................................................................

Tashfiend Garlique
#23 2019-03-14 14:58:03

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?



Why do you tards respond to the 450 pound troll?  Everyone in real life just pretends he doesn't exist so he has to come here for human interaction.

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#24 2019-03-14 19:02:15

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

Cumbnutz wrote:

Agreed.

"Biological weapons are often created by doctors. Should be put someone in charge of the CDC because their past experience was in creating a new deadlier form of a anthrax?"

That’s an accurate analogy. It does not suggest that a CEO wants to murder his employees. It suggests that knowledge is not the only qualifier for a job.  Not all medical docotrs with appropriate knowledge are qualified to run the CDC. Not all people with coal industry knowledge are appropriate to run the MSHA.

........................................................................

Sockpuppet
#25 2019-03-14 19:05:05

Re: Bagz: why is it sane to let a former coal company CEO to run the Mine Safety Health Administration?

WithoutFroth wrote:

What? Fat ass has nothing to say now does he? 

Put up or shut up, dimwit.

Do you have a point? It isn’t clear what you want me to respond to. Make an assertion. So far your assertion is that CEOs of coal companies are good candidates to run the MSHA. I have given you reasons why they are not. You have yet to refute a single point I have made. So refute me or make a de novo assertion.

........................................................................

Pages: 1